EJP SOIL WEBINAR #1
Current state and future needs for soil science capacity in Europe
Info about event
Online (Zoom link below)
The EJP SOIL is pleased to announce its first webinar, to be held on June 15, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to noon CEST on the topic "Current state and future needs for soil science capacity in Europe”. Leading this webinar, the WP5 (which is responsible for education, training and capacity building within the EJP SOIL programme) is happy to provide you with the abstract of its webinar, as well as its initial program (which could be slightly modified in the coming days). Login details below.
Managing soils sustainably and productively is knowledge intense. Farmers, industry and policy will need a range of soil science related expertise to do this in climate smart and cost effective ways to safe guard not only food production, but also range of ecosystem services. EJP SOIL dedicate a special effort on education, training and capacity building to meet changing needs of expertise for climate-smart, productive and sustainable agricultural soils. This open Webinar will present the results from a European survey on current soil science in Higher Education, and explore with the audience, what may be future expertise and capacity needed. We welcome you all to share your views in the webinar!
Short Webinar program:
- Welcome and greetings (Jennie Barron SLU and EJP SOIL Wp5 lead)
- Keynote : Summary findings of the survey of European Higher education in soil science +Q&A (Erik Fahlbeck, SLU)
- Interaction : future capacity and competence needs for soils expertise in Europe (facilitated by Yves Coquet , AgroParisTech)
- Information on opportunities to engage (Bozena Smerczak, IUNG and EJP SOIL WP5 co-lead)
- Closing and thanks (Jennie Barron SLU and EJP SOIL Wp5 lead)