Internal online workshop: Conducting a meta-analysis in soil science
The workshop offers lectures, demonstration of different tools helping to deal with missing data and practical exercises.
Info about event
The 1-day online workshop “Conducting a meta-analysis in soil science” is dedicated to EJP SOIL consortium members
TO REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP, PLEASE CONTACT FELIX SEIDEL: email@example.com
First Session from 9:30 to 12:00 CET:
Advanced Systematic literature search and meta-analysis:
- What is meta-analysis?
- Application of meta-analysis
- Initiating a meta-analysis: question formulation and data collection
- Type of data and their conversion to effect sizes
- Non-independence of observations
- Combining effect sizes, weighing, and testing for moderators
- Format of report and review of case studies
- Examples of problematic meta-analyses
- Publication bias
- MetaWin - software for meta-analysis
Second session from 13:00 to 15:00 CET:
How to include more studies in your meta-analysis:
- Using EX-TRACT tool for estimation of standard deviations from ANOVA and post-hoc tests
- Using SOC calculator to compute total SOC stock and its standard deviation from layered soils
There will be time for questions and answers.
Participants will get presentations, meta-analysis handbooks, MetaWin software, the tools and user manuals.
To register for this workshop please contact Felix Seidel: firstname.lastname@example.org