LINK to WEBINAR: SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS & DATA – Procedures for Open Access, Storage & Reporting
Access to recording and to presentation materials. Click on image and links below.
Info about event
Thank you for your participation in the EJP SOIL Scientific Publications & Data webinar on Nov 3 and for your interest in Open Science. Please find attached the pdf’s of the presentations.
For all members of the EJP SOIL consortium who (intend to) publish scientific articles, reports and other publications, or/and produce research data.
You can create more impact by publishing articles, reports and data Open Access, and by disseminating them through EJP SOIL channels. Scientific publications and datasets are also important indicators of progress of the EJP SOIL programme. Be on the forefront of H2020 requirements concerning scientific publications.
- How to create more impact with Open Access
- How to fulfil H2020 requirements
- How to create long-term dissemination and knowledge sharing
- What are the procedures and requirements of reporting?
- What are the pitfalls to avoid?
- Where do you find more information and guidance?
Links to presentation material:
EJP SOIL: Open Access for publications and underlying data by Anna Besse-Lototskaya
Sharing FAIR soil data Repositories, licenses and metadata by Maria Fantappiè
Reporting of EJP SOIL publications by Sevinc Madenoglu
Useful links: Publications
- Template letter to publisher for permission Green Open Access: https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/other/hi/oa-pilot/h2020-oa-guide-model-for-publishing-a_en.pdf
- Checklist to assess if journal is to be trusted: https://thinkchecksubmit.org/journals/
- Classification of journals and publishers based on their quality by Finnish Publication Forum: https://www.tsv.fi/julkaisufoorumi/haku.php?lang=en
- Zenodo: https://zenodo.org/
- Tool to choose CC BY license: https://creativecommons.org/choose/
- Open Access requirements and guidelines for H2020 projects: https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/grants_manual/hi/oa_pilot/h2020 hi oa pilot guide_en.pdf
- Example text to acknowledge EJP SOIL funding: This research was developed in the framework of the European Joint Program for SOIL “Towards climate smart sustainable management of agricultural soils” (EJP SOIL) funded by the European Union Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (Grant Agreement N 862695).
Useful links: Data
- EJP SOIL metadata catalogue: https://catalogue.ejpsoil.eu. Adding metadata of new datasets to this catalogue via https://github.com/ejpsoil/ejpsoildatahub.
- Guidance to create metadata for EJP SOIL in Zenodo: https://ejpsoil.github.io/soildata-assimilation-guidance/cookbook/zenodo.html
- EJP SOIL metatdata template:
- Cookbook for soil data assimilation (wiki): metadata management, publication of data, consumption of data and harmonisation of data https://ejpsoil.github.io/soildata-assimilation-guidance/.
EJP SOIL coordination and WP9 will also compile a short guide for publishing and reporting of your publications, deliverables, data and other research outputs. In the meanwhile please let us know if you have questions.